This June, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, through the Faculty of Economic Sciences, will be the host of the first summer programme of the ambitious project “ReThink Finance – integrating innovative paradigms and digital technologies into financial teaching and literacy”.
Therefore, during two weeks, from the 15th until the 25th of June 2022, students from Italy, Poland and Romania will benefit from lectures and trainings hosted by well experienced international teachers, with the objective of increasing students’ accessibility to valuable finance field specific and current information (both theoretical and applied) in order to align their skills to the tangible requirements of the labour market. The participating students were selected from three partner universities: Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Università degli Studi di Siena and University of Opole.
“FinTech: digital finance and blockchain” is an Intensive Summer Programme designed for economics bachelor students which aims at: introducing current paradigms in finance into the education process; substantiating theoretical and practical competences in current and future fields of finance through professional methods and topical software; exploring the rapidly evolving fintech landscape, its impact on the financial industry and beyond, discovering new technology developments and potential applications and unveiling the opportunity provided by digital assets.
The activities will be conducted in English and will involve the following complementary topics:
- Day 1 Digital technologies – an imperative transformation;
- Day 2 The drivers of future changes in the digital era;
- Day 3 Digitalization in financial sector – why it is different from other sectors;
- Day 4 Trip day – trip to Bran Castle Brașov;
- Day 5 Not changing but adapting the business model for a better risk management, in financial sector;
- Day 6 Understanding FinTech and how it changed the 21st century;
- Day 7 FinTech and EU – fostering a competitive and innovative financial sector;
- Day 8 Digital banking. Products and Services in the Digital Finance;
- Day 9 Blockchain and cryptocurrency;
- Day 10 Closing meeting.
Through the cooperation of the partner institutions, ReThink Finance promotes the connection of the academic environment to current developments in the field of finance, innovation, exchange of experience and know-how. The project is funded by Erasmus + funds dedicated to partnerships for cooperation in higher education (project reference 2021-1-RO01-KA220-HED-000029551).