It was with great enthusiasm that during 19th – 20th May 2022, the representatives of the six partner institutions met in Gran Canaria for the kick-off transnational meeting of the project „ReThink Finance – integrating innovative paradigms and digital technologies into financial teaching and literacy”. As a consortium leader, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu thus builds a valuable and fruitful partnership with Universita degli Studi di Siena, Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Uniwersytet Opolski, Bold Technologies and Institut de Haute Formation aux Politiques Communautaires.
During the 36 months planned in the project, a full circle of activities is foreseen through a modular approach of complementary intensive summer programs. The primal objectives of the project’s activities encompass the following:
• develop teachers’ digital skills and integrating modern teaching methods into their curricula;
• develop the skills of economics students in innovative fields of finance (digital finance, behavioral finance, neurofinance and financial simulations);
• integrate current specialized financial software into students’ activity, for a better future insertion in the labor market.
The main focus of the kick-off meeting was organizing the following programmes of this summer:
• Intensive Training for Teaching Staff “Development of digital skills and modern teaching methods for economics teachers”;
• Intensive Summer Programme for Economics Students “Fintech: Digital finance and blockchain”.
Through the cooperation of the partner institutions, ReThink Finance promotes the connection of the academic environment to current developments in the field of finance, innovation, exchange of experience and know-how. The project is funded by Erasmus + funds dedicated to partnerships for cooperation in higher education (project reference 2021-1-RO01-KA220-HED-000029551).